Saturday, January 30, 2010

Royksopp

Pretty indie, imo.

So Royksopp is a Norwegian electronic music production duo. I wouldn't think that the mainstream knows much of them, or their existence; but they are out there, waiting to be heard and widely admired. Their sound is fairly unique, it isn't like generic electronica, it has its touches, which makes it, well... Royksopp. In my mind, they had their one feel good song: Happy Up Here. I listened to it, liked it, rocked it, got over it. Now though, I stumbled upon this remix of the song, it's a mesmerizing track, and not at all true to the original. Wouldn't even recognize it to be a remix of the original. See if you can hear any similarities between the two, because I sure as hell can't. All I know is that I really like this remix, it is chill. Got that indie touch to it as well too. Enjoy.


Youtube: Original
It's so indie there isn't a YouTube link for the "Holy Fuck" remix :/

Download: Royksopp - Happy Up Here.mp3
Download: Royksopp - Happy Up Here (Holy Fuck Remix).mp3


- Ricky

1 comment:

  1. They're not mainstream, but they're actually really huge. Huge like how Sigur Ros is huge.

    ReplyDelete